Cognition and Language
24–26 November 2017, Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University, Brno
SCSP (Society for Cognitive Science and Philosophy) and BRAK (Brno Analytic Circle), in cooperation with Department of Philosophy and Faculty of Arts at Masaryk University, are inviting you to conference on cognition and language CaL2017.
Language is a research topic shared by many fields of study such as linguistics, logic, philosophy, psychology, etc. We believe that cognitive science represents the next possible direction, which can lead to new understanding of the phenomena. The main aim of CaL2017 is to show how cognitive science can enhance the more traditional approaches to natural and/or artificial languages and bring new insights.
- Arie Verhagen (Leiden University)
- Mariusz Urbański (Adam Mickiewicz University)
- Paweł Łupkowski (Adam Mickiewicz University)
- Wei-lun Lu (Masaryk University)
BOOK OF ABSTRACTS
CALL FOR PAPERS
Possible topics could include, but are not limited to:
- cognitive science and argumentation
- language analysis in cognitive science
- language and cognition, mapping of meaning, representation in language
- logic and cognitive science
- natural language in cognitive science
- vagueness, ambiguity and other problems in language
Submission of proposals for contributed talks (30 minutes + 10 minutes for discussion) on topics of language and cognitive science are welcomed. The proposal should contain abstract (300–600 words) with author(s) name(s), affiliation(s) and e-mail address and should be in two formats, docx and pdf.
Please send your submission prior to 22 September (date extended from 15 September) 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submission deadline: 22 September 2017
- Notification of acceptance: by beginning of October 2017
- Registration (active and passive): 15 October 2017
- CaL2017: 24–26 November 2017
- Brno (to be specified)
- Society for Cognitive Science and Philosophy (SCSP): cognitivescience.cz
- BRAK: ibrak.cz
- Department of Philosophy (Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University): www.phil.muni.cz/wkfi
- Tomáš Ondráček (email@example.com)
- Michal Stránský
Question can be send to: firstname.lastname@example.org